Text Size

Fees and Payments to the Court

FAQs about making payments to the Court.

  • Can I make restitution payments using my credit card over the phone? +

    No, that can no longer be done. Restitution needs to be made by check or cash or credit card in person at Intake.

  • How do I ask for a refund of a duplicate fee payment? +

     E-file a written request that includes the name, address, and telephone number of the payor using the CM/ECF event titled Request for Refund of Fees Paid Electronically.  (See Requesting a Refund for a Duplicate Payment on Pay.gov and Standing Order 2011-9.)

  • How much does it cost to file an Answer? +

    There is no charge for filing an answer in the US District Court.

  • What is the fee for [insert action here]? +

    Please reference our fee schedule for a complete listing of all fees.

  • When opening a case electronically, how do I pay the filing fee? +

    You are to pay the case initiation fee by credit card via Pay.gov during the filing of the complaint, petition, or notice of removal transaction.  The Pay.gov screens will not appear for those filers who indicate that they are concurrently filing an application to proceed in forma pauperis (IFP Application) or filing a new case on behalf of the United States of America. 

  • 1


Please let us know your name.

Please let us know your email address.

Please let us know your phone number.

Please select a subject.

Please let us know your message.