LR 11 - Signature Requirements
(See Fed. R. Civ. P. 11)
LR 11-1 Signature Requirements on Electronic Filings
A Registered User's login and password required to electronically file documents via the CM/ECF system constitute the Registered User's signature for any purpose for which a signature is required in connection with proceedings before this Court.
Electronically filed documents must include a signature block, including the typed name of the Registered User who filed the document preceded by an "s/" (followed by the typed name) in the space where the signature would otherwise appear (e.g., s/ John Q. Attorney).
(c) Signatures of Non-Registered Users
Documents containing the signature of a Non-Registered User are to be filed electronically with the signature represented by an "s/" and the name typed in the space where a signature would otherwise appear, or as a scanned image.
(d) Multiple Signatures
Documents requiring the signatures of more than one party must be electronically filed either by:
- Submitting a scanned document containing all necessary signatures;
- Representing the consent or stipulation of the other parties on the document;
- Identifying on the document the signatures which are required and submitting written confirmation by the parties no later than seven days after the filing; or
- In any other manner approved by the Court.
- Last Updated: Tuesday, February 14, 2017