Congratulations for being selected as a Law Clerk to a Federal Judge. To work for a Federal Judge is a prestigious honor that only a select few individuals have an opportunity to experience. We are confident that this experience will prove both challenging and rewarding while affording you the opportunity to learn a unique perspective of how the federal judicial system operates. The United States District Court for the District of Oregon welcomes you!
Please complete all the forms listed under the section “New Hire Paperwork” and e-mail the forms to the Human Resources Office at two weeks prior to your appointment date. Please contact the Human Resources Department at 503-326-8165 or e-mail if you have any questions.
New Hire Paperwork
- Federal Judicial Branch Application for Employment
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Federal W-4 Form
- Oregon W-4 Form
- Direct Deposit Form
- Fingerprint Data Sheet
- Confidentiality Statement
- Self-Identification Form (optional)
- Emergency Medical Information Form
- Certification of Vaccination
Instructions for Completing the Form I-9
- Open the form, and click on the Sign icon at the top of the tool bar or the Pen icon on the side tool bar.
- Move the cursor to the Last Name field (notice a blue box appears along with letters “Ab”).
- Left click in the blue box, and begin typing in required information (repeat steps until all applicable information has been entered in Section 1).
- After completing Section 1 of Form I-9, sign name in the Employee Signature To include a signature electronically (e-sign):
- Click in the Signature field, and type in name and initials.
- Click in the Today’s Date field, and type in the date the form is e-signed.
- Click> File> Save As> and save the completed form in a safe, easily accessible location. Close form out.
- Submit the form as instructed above.