The Utility menu allows registered users (see LR 1-5(k)) access to maintain their user account (Maintain Your Account), generate a report showing the user's activity in the system within a specified date range (View Your Transaction Log), view mailing information for a case (Mailings menu), and display Pay.gov payment history (Internet Payment History). Court users have expanded menus which include case and docket editing menus.
Maintain Your Account
(See LR 83.)
Registered users have access through this link to update their street address and e-mail address information (including the addition or correction of any secondary e-mail addresses), select notification preferences, and alter their CM/ECF logins and passwords.
(a) Main Account Screen
This screen provides access to the registered user's name, office, street address, telephone and fax number, and bar status fields. Users will not be able to modify the name, type, or bar status fields. If the attorney is hard linked to a firm record and needs to make a change to that firm name or address, he/she must contact Court staff to sever the link before those changes can be completed. No modifications will be written to the database until the user clicks the Submit button at the bottom of this screen. If changes or modifications have been made to the street address information or telephone fields, the next screen will display a list of cases associated with that user. The user will be prompted to spread the new information to those cases or, as recommended, "Update All."
(b) E-Mail Information (See also Section 6)
To update a user's e-mail information, select the Update E-mail Address link on the Maintain User Account screen. No modifications will be written to the database until the user clicks the Submit button at the bottom of the main account screen.
(1) Primary E-mail Address: Court staff will enter the attorney's e-mail address supplied on the registration form, petition for admission, or pro had vice application. This address must be kept current.
(2) Additional Options - Additional Cases. To add additional cases to the list for this e-mail address, the user must select Additional Cases from the Additional Options dropdown list. Then, the user can select Add from the Additional Cases to Receive NEFs picklist that appears.
- Format: The format for the notices can be either html or plain text. The default format is set to html. If the messages are difficult to read because there is html code in the body of the email message, the user may wish to change this setting to plain text.
- Delivery Method: The attorney may elect to receive an individual e-mail notice each time a transaction occurs or a summary notice listing transactions from the previous business day (the summary is created the following day). This field can be modified at any time.
- In All My Cases: The e-mail address, format, and delivery choices made for the primary address will apply to all cases where the attorney is counsel of record.
(3) Additional Options - Delivery Method Exception: There are two delivery methods for receiving NEFs: individual and summary. The delivery method of choice is selected for all the cases in the user’s list. However, if the user wants to receive the opposite method of delivery for one or some cases, the user should select Delivery Method Exceptions from the Additional Options dropdown list. If the user then selects Add from the Delivery Method Exceptions dropdown list that appears, the user can select the case(s) to add for the other delivery method.
- When the user enters a case number, if there is more than one case for the year and number entered, a pop-up window appears. The user is prompted to select the correct case from the list in the pop-up window. If the case number entered in the Enter case number field is not a valid case, a pop-up window appears stating such.
- Once the user selects the appropriate case number, the case is added to the Additional Cases to Receive NEFs list. The user can add as many cases to the list as desired.
- To remove a case from the list, the user must select Remove from the Additional Cases to Receive NEFs dropdown list and then click on the appropriate case number. A Remove from List button appears, allowing the user to remove the case from the list.
(4) Secondary Addresses: To add and configure additional e-mail addresses, the user should click the Add Additional E-mail Address button, which causes the Secondary E-mail Addresses field to appear.
- If the user enters a valid e-mail address, the e-mail settings options appear for modification, which works the same as for the primary e-mail address. The user can change the format, delivery method, and active settings; add and remove cases; and set delivery method exceptions for the secondary e-mail address.
- The Active checkbox is available only for additional email addresses. Once the e-mail addresses have been added and configured, the user submits the changes by clicking the Return to Person Information Screen button.
(c) More User Information
This screen permits the user to modify the court generated login and password fields. Passwords are to be at least 8 characters in length and must be made up of uppercase and lowercase letters and at least one number or one symbol. No modifications will be written to the database until the user clicks the Submit button at the bottom of the main account screen.