By submitting this registration form, the user acknowledges that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the following requirements:
Attorneys will have privileges to electronically file court documents, view official docket sheets and documents associated with cases, and query various case reports for cases on the CM/ECF system. The CM/ECF System follows and must be used in conjunction with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Local Rules of Civil Practice, and the administrative orders and policies of the United States District court for the District of Oregon.
In order to file documents electronically, CM/ECF participants will need the following:
- A personal computer running either the Windows or Apple operating platforms;
- Internet access through an Internet service provider using Point to Point Protocol (PPP);
- A Portable Document Format (PDF)-compatible word processor such as Microsoft Word or Corel WordPerfect;
- Software to convert documents from a word processor format to PDF format, such as Adobe Acrobat PDF Writer;
- Software to read PDF documents (Adobe Acrobat Reader is available at no cost);
- Access to a flatbed scanner with sheet feeder if paper documents need to be imaged before being uploaded into the system; and
- An e-mail account.
The use of a participants login and password constitute that participant's signature pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 11 on all submissions made to the system. Submissions must also conform with LR 11-1 and the signature line must appear as s/ Jane Doe.
Participants must take appropriate steps to protect their login and passwords. If the login and passwords become compromised, the Court must be immediately notified.
Registration constitutes a participant;s consent to service by electronic means as substitute for service pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 5(b)(2)(E) and LR 5-1(a).