LR 1025-1 Publication of Notice of Action and Arrest
The notice required by Supplemental Rule C(4) will be published at least once in accordance with LR 1050-1. The notice must contain the following:
- Title and number of the action or proceeding;
- Date of the arrest;
- Identity of the property arrested;
- Name and address of the attorney for the party;
- A statement that claims of persons entitled to possession or claiming an interest pursuant to Supplemental Rule C(6) must be filed with the clerk and served on the attorney for the party within fourteen (14) days after the last date of publication; and
- A statement that answers to the pleadings must be filed and served within twenty-one (21) days after the filing of claims, and in lieu thereof, default may be noted and condemnation ordered.
Applications for intervention under Fed.R.Civ.P. 24, by persons claiming maritime liens or other interests, must be filed within the time allowed for claims to possession.
|Amendment History to LR 1025|
|December 1, 2009|
|LR 1025-1(e)||Time for filing statement changed from "ten (10)" days to "fourteen (14)" days.|
|LR 1025-1(f)||Time for filing answer changed from "twenty (20)" to "twenty-one (21)" days.|